Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Playing with Photo Grid

Recently I tried playing around with Photo Grid, the photo collage application for Android phones.  I took some pictures while the boys played outside, and also used some photographs already stored in my phone.

I don't have any experience with making photo collages, and this app is really easy to use.  It took only a few minutes to create several collages and adjust them to get the best fit.  Since these are phone photos, they aren't perfect, and the app is fairly simple and limited, but still fun to manipulate.

Once you select the pictures that you want to include, Photo Grid will create a random collage arrangement, which you can then change by shaking your phone.  That's a fun little trick, but you can also manually select which collage style you prefer to use, as well as the background.  There are options to crop and rearrange pictures, and I'm still learning how to use all the features.

Photo Grid is free, so it's definitely worth a try if you just want to have some fun with your phone camera pictures.  You can then save the collage and post, text, or email it as one photo attachment.

Have you tried Photo Grid?  Are there any apps or sites you can recommend for creating photo collages? 

My first attempt at using Photo Grid (notice James got cut in half on the right side).

My revised collage with the same pictures.



A collage of Rhys photographs.  I had to re-size some to make them fit properly, and I'm not satisfied with the final version.  I'll definitely keep trying!