Sunday, June 17, 2012

On Father's Day



This is my dad, James' namesake, and our beloved Papa, holding newborn Rhys two years ago as we worked to rid his tiny body of jaundice.  The summer sun fell across our kitchen skylight, and I was still unable to stand for long, so Papa held Rhys in place for almost an hour, the two of them glowing quietly.  Ryan took this picture, and it has become a family treasure.

After Rhys' birth, Papa and Nana stayed with us for two weeks as we adjusted to life with two little boys.  And this Father's Day, they are with my sweet sister as she prepares for the arrival of her second son.

As the mother of boys, I am coming to understand the true importance of male role models in their lives, and I am grateful to Papa, Ryan, Grandpa Buzz, Don-Don, and Big Don for loving my sons openly and leading them to become caring men.  I love you guys so much!

I hope you have a wonderful Father's Day.