Friday, June 15, 2012

Photographing Fairies

Just a few more shots from my practice photography session this week.  Can you tell how much I'm in love with my new vase?  According to Wik & Walsøe, "the elfin symbolizes dreams, hope and the belief in making the impossible come true."  Words to inspire me as I begin a new pursuit.

I like that the shadows of the leaves mimic the dark images upon the vase.
Here, I was trying to capture the different textures of the wood table, the fabric runner, the curtains, and the plant behind the vase.





























I took this one while lying on the floor, and you can see my reflection a bit in the vase.  Is that a good thing or not?
I also took this photo from the floor, and I like the tree in the background and the symmetry of the window lines, but the picture itself is too dark.
This is the view from my back door, and it is so lovely this time of year with everything in bloom. 

I was able to share my previous blog post with the designers, thanks to Lise at Nordic Galleri.  She contacted me to check on the status of my order, and I sent her a link to my blog, which she kindly passed along to Wik & Walsøe, who were happy to hear that Americans love their work. And all of this stems directly from my online class, which features Jeanette Lunde as a teacher.  We truly live in an amazingly small world!

I wish you a magical weekend!