Friday, June 22, 2012

For Ryan, On Our Tenth Anniversary

At fifteen I stopped scowling,
I desired my dust to be mingled with yours
Forever and forever and forever.
Why should I climb the look out?



 For Ryan

We met when I was just 15
and married at 23;
at 30, he'll have half my life,
already, he has all of me.

--by Cakewalk, 2003


Today is our ten year wedding anniversary, and though we have actually been together much longer than that, this is definitely a milestone worth celebrating.  You have stood by my side all these years without wavering, and I am so grateful to have you as my husband, my friend, and as the father of our sweet boys.  You bring tremendous amounts of joy and laughter to our family, and I swell with pride each time I watch the boys scramble to be the first in your arms after work.  I love you.  James and Rhys love you.  We all love you so incredibly much, Ryan.  Happy anniversary!