Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Elmo Cake by Sweet T's Sweets

We celebrated Rhys' second birthday with a family party on Sunday, and it was so much fun!  For months, Rhys asked for an Elmo birthday cake, and we couldn't help but indulge him a bit.  Since I am not gifted in the culinary arts (a polite way to put it), I knew I had to find an expert to help make my little boy's cake dreams come true.

As luck would have it, Ryan's colleague is married to an incredibly talented baker, Tracy, of Sweet T's Sweets.  We met once before during a friendly craiglist transaction, and Ryan always raves about the delicious recipes Tracy sends into the office with her husband.  I knew she would be the perfect baker for Rhys' beloved Elmo cake, and she made his birthday an amazing day!

Rhys' Elmo Cake by Sweet T's Sweets.  I mashed Elmo's eye taking him out of the car, but he soon recovered and tasted delicious.
Tracy worked incredibly hard to find the right design for the cake, and we corresponded via email to make everything perfect.  I chose a white cake with strawberry filling, and also ordered a dozen gluten-free cupcakes in the same flavors for our guests with food allergies.  Those were especially cute, and Tracy added individual flags with little 2s to each cupcake.

Precious Elmo Cupcakes by Sweet T's Sweets.
Rhys was thrilled with his Elmo cake, but I think he was truly smitten with the cupcakes, especially since he got to enjoy an entire Elmo all by himself.

Rhys (a little tired on his big day) finally enjoying his Elmo cake, after months of waiting.
 I'm so grateful to Tracy of Sweet T's Sweets for making Rhys' birthday so memorable, and I can't wait to see what she can do for James' birthday in December.  He's really into garbage trucks at the moment, but I know she'll be up for the challenge.

If you are in the Austin area, trust Tracy with your party baking needs.  It was such a pleasure working with her and she is truly talented and definitely sweet!