Monday, July 30, 2012

A Momentous Occasion (Or Two!)

When I became pregnant with Rhys just nine months after James was born, everyone I knew reminded me that I would soon have two babies in diapers.  Yes, that was true for quite a long time, but I'm thrilled to report that those days are over!

Though he will probably hate me one day for announcing this to the world, James is now 100% potty trained, and life could not be better!  To be completely honest, he's been using his training potty successfully for months, but simply refused to sit upon the "big boy" toilet.  This past week, something clicked (there might have been a small bribe involved), and our days of dumping out and wiping up the plastic potty basin are a thing of the past, at least for a little while.

To mark this wonderful milestone, we celebrated in true boy fashion, with a new truck and a power tool.  What could be more exciting!

(James enjoying the fruits of his, um, triumph.)

Next up on my To-Do List: getting this little guy to follow in his big brother's footsteps.

But before I embark on that journey, there's something new I'm undertaking that you need to know about.  This Wednesday, August 1st, I'm moving over to my own, self-hosted blog here!

It's been a long time coming, and though I've been intimidated by the idea, I finally decided to take the plunge.  Or, to be totally honest, I was pushed off the edge by Ryan, when he purchased my own site without my knowledge, as a birthday surprise.  That little nudge was enough to set the wheels in motion, and I truly hope that you will follow me on this next part of my blogging journey.

I won't be moving posts over from this site, but will continue to write in the same style, about the same topics.  I'm also working to make sure things look and feel as familiar as possible, and I will be linking back to posts here for reference, especially in the early days.

You will be able to follow me via all the standard avenues, so don't forget to update your subscriptions on Wednesday.  I'm also learning as I go, so please feel free to offer suggestions and advice.  Goodness knows I can use them.

I'm so excited about this big move and I hope you will join me at my new address on Wednesday.

See you over there!