Monday, May 21, 2012

My Girl in the Garden

I love artistic images of the female figure, and if you've been to my house, you know I have my fair share of nudes floating about.  Most of them are tastefully displayed in my bedroom, and when one of the boys points to a Renoir bather and says, "Mommy," I take it as a compliment because she is so beautiful.

I'm also really fond of the French Santos that are so popular in decorating right now, only because I love how rustic and simple they are.  They don't hold any religious significance for me, and I just enjoy their quiet beauty.  Most of these are quite expensive and antique pieces are true collectors' items.

Recently, I was lucky enough to find a Santos-style figure for sale at Joss and Main for a bargain, so I had to order her.  She arrived very quickly and, though I had planned to place her on my mantle, she is very tall (nearly 18 inches), and looked out of place there.  I chose instead to let her live among the plants in my entryway, and she seems to be enjoying her home there, so far.

A closeup.



Watching over my plants.