Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Can't Get It Out of My Head

After buying a TV Pass at Amazon, I'm all caught up on "Mad Men."  Ryan was out with friends last night, so I decided to watch the last two episodes of the current season.  Big mistake.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think the goings-on at America's favorite ad agency would cause me to lose sleep, quite literally out of fear and my overactive imagination.

I'm a huge wimp and can't handle suspenseful movies at all.  If I see a headline referencing murder or a missing child, I skip the article completely.  I don't do haunted houses or roller coasters, and you'll never catch me watching a zombie flick.  In short, I don't enjoy being scared, even for fun.

So I was not prepared for the horror of "Mystery Date," the fourth and most recent episode in the current fifth season.  I will spare you the gory details, which you can read here.

I will say that the writers set us up beautifully, and as we imagined the face of the handsome stranger, fearing what we did not know, he was looking back at us the entire time, as he does every week.