Friday, March 23, 2012

For the Beauty of the Earth

We visited the family farm during Spring Break last week, and the green fields of wildflowers took my breath away.  As we rode through the pasture on our trailer ride, all of us were stunned into silence at the sea of flowers stretching out for miles and miles in all directions.  The day was overcast and cool, and it simply made everything appear especially fresh and green.  There was even a sweet smell of nectar in the air, and when I asked James what he was thinking about, as we rode along, he thought for a moment and said, "All the flowers."  It truly was a stunning sight. 









I bought this with a credit I had (it literally has my name on it, though mine is not monogrammed), and it came in the mail today.  The boys and I took a nice long nature walk after lunch, and found lots of treasures to keep inside.  I love how Victorian it looks, and that poor little wasp was already deceased when I found him, so no creatures were harmed in the making of this piece.