Tuesday, May 31, 2011

With My Own Two Hands

I recently ran across a really great blog with lots of craft tutorials, so tonight, I tried my hand at one that seemed fairly easy.  Since James loves buttons and I am craving more feminine details throughout my house, I thought this would be perfect.  So without further ado, check out my little bouquet of button roses.


I can't get the best shot with my phone's camera, but you get the idea, and you can see more pictures in the link above.  I had a smaller gauge wire, so I twisted it a bit more to make it sturdy, but it works.  And I like that it's not permanent, so I can use the buttons again.  The vase belonged to my grandmother, Nonnie, and is one of my most cherished possessions.  It's too tiny for more than a single bud, so it works perfectly for my little wire buttons. 

And, oh my gosh, I just created a Craft label on my blog, since this is officially my third entry under that category.  It must be the heat!