Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Boys Will Be Boys

James' friend came to play yesterday, and they had a blast as always.  His friend is fun and smart, but he's also loud and rowdy, and I'm pretty sure he was raised in a barn, or at least, on a farm.

His friend brings his dog, who barks too much and jumps on the furniture.  He slams the door and tracks in mud, and yesterday, he broke James' plastic shovel, perfect for dirt digging, because he hit a ball too hard with it.

And then there was the frisbee that got stuck in the tree, so James' friend threw a soccer ball up to get it.  The frisbee came down, but the ball did not, and it's still up in our tree.

This friend hides cookies and sneaks them to James, all day long, when I am not looking.  And once, he caught a snake and skinned it in our backyard!

I know I should say something, but I really don't mind.  This friend is James' Papa, my dad, and we both love him "so much," as James always says.