Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby Boy!


My sweet James,
I can hardly believe that you have been in our lives for a year to this very day. It seems like just yesterday that you were a hoped-for dream; then a pink baby-on-a-stick (as your grandmother called you); then a rumbling, churning bundle of energy within me; and finally, finally, a precious baby boy wrapped tightly in warm blankets on a cold morning in December.

We've been through so much this past year, and your dad and I appreciate your patience as we learned to care for you and to interpret your cries and your needs. You are such a sweet and loving little boy, and I am so blessed to be your Mommy.

Our lives will change again next summer, and I know that you will handle things calmly, as you always do, with your easy-going attitude and your precious "learning face." You will always be my Sweet Baby James, even when you are 40 with children of your own, and I hope that you will always think of me as your Mama.

I love you, sweet boy, and though you won't remember today, I hope you will treasure the memories that we will make together in your life. Happy Birthday, James.

love,
Mama