Friday, July 13, 2012

Hi-Lo Country

Don't worry.  I'm not going to post pictures of myself every day.  My previous post was just a little on the HEAVY side, so I thought I'd end the week on a lighter note.  And it was pure torture having my picture taken, just so you know.  I hate it SO much.  I could never do this on a daily basis, and I have real admiration for you fashion bloggers out there.


I bought this skirt back in the spring, at a little boutique in San Antonio, but I could never figure out how to wear it, so it just hung in my closet for months.  Then, I was inspired by this post, and this one, and this one, too, so I thought I'd give it a try for Rhys' party.  The skirt has the potential to be almost sticky sweet, and as I'm getting older (I'll be 34 later this month!), I feel the need to mix things up a bit.  So I paired it with a black tee, red espadrilles, and a funky (for me) charm necklace.  When I got dressed, I also put on a vintage black slip that once belonged to my grandmother, and it gave the skirt a nice edge, but it was too hot for the Texas heat.  Maybe I'll try it in the fall.  This was my only attempt at the hi-lo trend, and I'm happy with the result.  I also love how the wind caught the hem as I posed for this picture.

And here's a charming picture of my handsome guys to end the week.  They are much better models, in my opinion.


Have a wonderful weekend!