Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Whole World

Since I'm changing things up around here, I decided to switch to a more personal header photo that captures a bit of my personality.  I love this picture more for what it represents than what it actually shows, and it was taken back in 2010 by Ryan while we were at Emma Long Park for his company picnic.

The scenery, with the flowing river, lush trees and grass, and hidden house, is lovely, and I really like how small James and I appear in the midst of it all.  He is so tiny, in his little hat, and I am leading him along as we gaze at the view together.  It's a sweet glimpse at a quiet moment between a mother and a son, and if you were there that day, you would have seen this, too.


That unmistakable bump is Rhys, who made his appearance two months later and completed our little family of four, in many wonderful ways.  Recently, we went back to this same location for another picnic, and it was fun to reflect on how much our lives have changed in just two short years.  And so I treasure the picture in the header, of my two sweet boys and me, taken by Ryan, since it represents my family and the promise of our future together.