Thursday, May 3, 2012

Curly Girl Tip

I embraced my curly hair a long time ago, mostly because I'm lazy and refuse to blow-dry or straighten it, especially in the heat of the Texas summer.  Whenever my stylist gives me straight hair, everyone oohs and ahhs, but it just doesn't feel like me.  Currently, I'm trying to grow out the bob I've had for several years in favor of just a tiny bit more length.  Since I started highlighting my hair last year in another attempt to hide my grays, I've noticed that my hair seems dryer and frizzier, too.

So, searching for a way to fix this problem, I ran across this article and decided to give it a try.  I always wrap my hair up while I get dressed in the morning, so how hard would it be to try a t-shirt instead of a towel?

Well, I'm pleased to report that it worked and I'm enjoying the results so far.  My hair is much curlier, less frizzy, and holds product well.  I'd post a photo, but I hate having my picture taken.  Maybe I'll work up the nerve later this week.  In the meantime, here's hoping this new trick helps my hair hold moisture during the hottest days of summer.