Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day Tripping

Today we drove out to Blanco and had a wonderful time with the boys.  I finally got to stop and visit Cowgirls & Lace, the gorgeous home decor store in Dripping Springs.  I stocked up on some soap and lotion in Diva, my favorite scent by the Tyler Candle Company.

We had lunch at our family's favorite hang-out and then visited the small, but fun, Blanco State Park.  The boys wore themselves out on a nature walk, crossing the bridge over the river, and chasing each other up and down the slide a thousand times.

The highlight of the trip, though, had to be the Best Western Plus on the outskirts of the town.  The owner of the hotel, a Mr. Patel, has worked incredibly hard to cultivate one of the loveliest gardens I've ever seen, and when we drove by, I made Ryan pull over so I could get some good pictures.  And no, I didn't use Instagram.  Mr. Patel saw me taking pics with my phone, and politely asked that I would tell others about his garden.  I hope you enjoy these!  Click on each picture to see them larger.