Thursday, November 17, 2011

Time for a Change

I don't take well to change, and I try to avoid it whenever I can.  Just ask my poor husband about the time we switched cell phone companies a few weeks after Rhys' birth.  But I know that change can be a breath of fresh air, and sometimes, it is desperately needed.

This year, for the very first time ever, our little family of four is going away for Thanksgiving, all by ourselves.  We've never done something like this, especially with two small boys in tow, and despite the lists I'll check and recheck, the separate bags I have to pack and repack, and the mounds of diapers, pull-ups, and baby wipes we'll stow in the trunk of our car, I am so excited!

And before we leave next week, we're meeting with a real live contractor to make plans for new flooring and a kitchen renovation.  That also scares the you-know-what out of me, but I'm excited to see the end result, whenever that may be, because it's time for a change.  And this time, I am ready.