Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Small World

When I was pregnant with James almost three years ago, I joined a small online forum for women expecting a baby in December of 2008.  Since that time, our group has left its original site to form our own safe haven, and I've come to know several of the moms really well, if only online.  We've supported each other through multiple births, deaths, and the everyday events that shape our lives, and I count some of these women as close friends, even though they live in places as far away as Scotland and Australia.

Well, one of my online friends is coming to visit her father in New Braunfels, just a stone's throw from Austin, and we are hoping to get together in person.  I'm so excited to finally meet an online friend.  She'll be the second mom I've connected with this way.  So see, who needs Facebook?