Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Rat Race

I've been trying since January to find a preschool for James to attend next fall, and I didn't think it would be that difficult, considering we don't live in Austin proper, but in a little bedroom community just north of it.  Little did I know how much work it would be, and the Methodist church I'd set my hopes on just didn't pan out. 

Luckily, and rather ironically if you know the religious history of my childhood, the local Baptist church has an opening for next year.  I visited yesterday and fell in love with the director and the school, and I'm so excited for James to attend next year.

Yes, I said Baptist church, and before you say anything, let me remind you that my husband and I attended high school with the cream of San Antonio's crop (drug dealers, gang members, and at least two murderers that I knew personally), so I think it's fine for James to rub elbows with a few of Pflugerville's bottom-dwellers, er, Republicans. 

Might as well start him early.  And at least we're not in Williamson County.