Sunday, December 27, 2009

A (minor) Christmas Catastrophe

My husband's family always starts Christmas morning with a huge breakfast that includes toaster strudel, so that's what I was fixing when the toaster oven caught fire Saturday morning, right as my in-laws arrived. According to my husband, a defective strudel leaked sugar onto the heating element, which then started the fire. Alas, our poor toaster oven could not be saved, so after church this morning, we headed to Bed Bath & Beyond for a new one. Crisis averted!

In other news, Christmas is the perfect opportunity to pack on the pregnancy pounds, and I am now officially out of my smallest post-Babycakes jeans, which, I have to brag, are smaller than my pre-Babycakes jeans, largely thanks to breastfeeding and chasing my very active son. I'm not in maternity clothes yet, but it won't be long. I was a bit worried about consuming enough calories since I'm breastfeeding and pregnant, but it looks like things are moving along nicely.