Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mommy's Break

Since Babycakes was born, my husband has basically assumed the grocery shopping responsibilities, partly because we didn't want to take a newborn to the store and mostly because my husband loves to grocery shop in a way that I will never understand. Before Babycakes, I usually made a weekly trip to H-E-B, and that was that. Now that we are trying to save money, grocery shopping involves at least one weekly trip to H-E-B, one trip to Sprout's for produce, and a twice monthly trip to panic-inducing Costco. So it gets complicated. Add a bit of morning sickness and food aversions to the mix, and I literally have no stomach for grocery shopping at the moment.

This afternoon, my husband took Babycakes with him for a quick H-E-B jaunt, which was supposed to give me a bit of a break. I made the list for him and went over what we needed, thinking things were covered.

No such luck. In the span of about 20 minutes, I received three (yes, three!) telephone calls asking about different items. I also learned that Babycakes had sampled a bite of sausage and found it delicious.

But I'm not complaining. At least I am not at the store dragging myself through the crowded, Sunday afternoon aisles, with one small child in tow.