Thursday, July 2, 2009

How it Hurts

I don't update much lately because Babycakes is keeping me busy, and I don't want this blog to turn into something morose, but I ran across this post recently and I think it is worth sharing.

After Babycakes was born, as I dealt with the emotions of his birth and the disappointment that things didn't go as planned, I searched for a metaphor to compare it to. My beautiful natural birth died that day, and I am definitely mourning it. But, in an effort to find something that others could relate to, I kept thinking that it was a bit like a wedding gone awry. Even if the flowers were wilted, the food was disgusting, and the musicians didn't show up, when all is said and done, the couple is still married.

If only that was enough.

http://ican-online.org/community/users/ican-blog/blog/healthy-baby-all-matters