Saturday, March 8, 2008

Madonn'!!

There's a rumor currently circulating that a movie might be in the works for the cast of The Sopranos. Apparently, the manager of Satin Dolls strip club, which became the setting for the infamous Bada Bing, is holding off on a planned renovation after receiving a tip about the movie. While he won't reveal the tipster, he is waiting a few months to see if the information pans out. I want to know what kind of "manager" gets to make executive decisions like that? Maybe he's got his own ties to a certain "family business," if you know what I mean.

Not that I mind, of course. I think The Sopranos is quite possibly the very best show in the history of television, and I've entertained fantasies of becoming a Mafia princess every now and then. I can just see myself say I need money for shopping, my husband asks how much, and I reply by holding my finger and thumb about three inches apart, a la Lorraine Bracco in Goodfellas (who went on to become Dr. Melfi, Tony Soprano's psychiatrist).

After all, it took over five years for a Sex in the City movie to come to fruition, so I'm holding out hope that it will happen eventually. And when it does, I will watch with bated breath, along with a million other fans, to see what our boy Tony and his gang are up to next.